The Center of Sin

SIN - only a three letter word but such a big thing. Sin is something which separates the unbeliever from the love of God, but John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

In other words, Jesus' death at Calvary took care of SIN - my sin and your sin.

The Center of Sin - The Christian Ladies Network

One important thing about that word SIN is the middle letter I. You see I was the one that committed sin, nobody else did it for me. I did it but Jesus paid the penalty for the sins I committed by giving himself up to death so that I could be set free from sin. I'm so glad I repented of my sin and asked him to be my Saviour and Lord at an early age.

You see sometimes it becomes more difficult the older a person gets to accept who Jesus is and sometimes the reason for that is PRIDE.

Pride is a strange thing. A person can become too proud to admit that they have a problem. Too proud to think that they have need of a Saviour and did you notice there's that letter again? Right at the center of PRIDE is I.

A person can become so proud that they believe they are a good person, not a sinner, and that God will not allow them to go to hell, but the bible says, For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Every person no matter who they are have sinned, God says so in Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Because He loves us, He also made a way for us to be free from that sin, But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.(Romans 5:8)

If you are reading this and realize that you are a sinner then don't let pride stand in your way, repent of your sin - turn away from doing what you know to be wrong and start following the One who is always right - The Lord Jesus Christ. I will not then be at the center of your life but He who is the great I AM will be.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. (Numbers 6:24-26)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit Christian Ladies Network and for commenting. We do reserve the right to remove any comment that is negative towards the Bible and the Christian faith.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...