New Every Morning

Lord willing, a brand new year will arrive on Monday! Where did the last one go? It seems just a few weeks ago since it was New Year’s Day and here it is again. What do I have to show for the 365 days I spent in the year 2017? Is there anyone whose life was changed because of something I did? Or, God forbid, because of something I didn’t do?


Lamentations 3:22-23 “It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.”

Did I reach out to a lonely person in a nursing home and make their day a little brighter? Did I listen to my child when he was hurting and only wanted to confide in Mother? Did I take time to go and visit my parents for no reason other than just to be with them for a few hours and enjoy their company? Did I diligently study to teach my Sunday school class of seven and eight year olds even though I felt I already knew the stories well enough to tell to children?

Did I show my appreciation to my husband for all the things he does to make my life better? Did I speak kindly to and try to understand the irritable person at the check out stand in the grocery store? What kind of turmoil or hurt might she be going through that was making her so hateful that particular day?

Did I remember to thank God for the rain that we needed so badly even though I had just washed my white car and live on four miles of dirt roads? Did I introduce anyone…anyone at all …to Jesus Christ last year? And if not…why not?

I have a lot of questions to ask myself. I hope in this next year of 2018 that I will remember life is fragile…here today…. gone tomorrow…and that I will make the most of every moment the Lord Jesus gives me to spend here on earth. We don't have to wait until a "New Year" to start over, for every day that we wake from our sleep we have a new beginning. And with that new beginning a responsibility to be all that we can be for Christ.

“And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.” Revelation 21:5

Happy New Year to Everyone!

~Marilyn

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts to take into the new year. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit Christian Ladies Network and for commenting. We do reserve the right to remove any comment that is negative towards the Bible and the Christian faith.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...