Choose to Serve the Lord

Serving the Lord is not always what we want to do, especially after a tiring day. The Lord understands we get tired and He rewards us when we go the extra mile for Him.  It pays when we choose to serve the Lord.

Choose to Serve the Lord


Choose to Serve the Lord


Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
(Colossians 3:24)

I am blessed by occasionally looking back at what God's done in my life in the past. This week I was looking through my journal and found this. Let me share this entry from October 29, 2005...

First, I went shopping with Mom this morning and it took a lot longer than I had planned. Then when we got home at about 2:30, we had lunch.

During lunch, I began thinking of what else I had to do today - my chores and baking cookies for tomorrow. Then Dad came upstairs and asked if I would go door-knocking with him. At first I said yes, then I wasn't sure if I'd get the cookies done. He went back down.

So after lunch I started mixing the cookies. Just then Dad came upstairs with his shirt & tie and went to get his jacket, on his way to go door-knocking.

Now, to be honest, I haven't always been thrilled at the idea of door-knocking, although I find some visits to be interesting, but they are few and far between. It is much easier not to go, but I decided to ask if he wanted me to go and he still did, so I got dressed and went.

It turned out to be more exciting than I had planned.



We came to a native lady's home (her name was Hermalene), and Dad started to talk to her. At first she seemed confused and said life was so complicated, but after awhile, Dad got the conversation on the gospel.

The gospel is simple: so simple that a child can understand how to get saved, and she began to understand. A good two hours later, Dad asked if she wanted to be saved, and she said yes. She knelt down by the couch, along with Dad and me, and prayed.

There is nothing like that in the world! She was so happy that she couldn't describe how she felt, but I knew, because I was remembering myself as a 15-year-old girl, praying by a picnic table at summer camp.

She had lots of other questions, and Dad talked to her a while more while I played with her 3-year-old granddaughter to keep her occupied.

While I was kneeling by that couch, I was seeing an answer to my prayer (asking God to help Hermalene understand) and I was also seeing something else. It was as if God was telling me, "Look what you would have missed out on if you had stayed home."

And look at what I would miss out on if I chose not to serve God! I choose to serve the Lord.

4 comments:

  1. Jocelyn,

    I enjoyed reading about you going on visitation with your Dad. And what a blessing to not only you and your Dad but especially to Hermalene! Her life was forever changed because of the message of salvation your Dad presented to her that day.

    God bless you.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A BLESSING.
    THANKS FOR THIS POST!!!
    GOD BLESS YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Jocelyn! And thank you for this post.
    What a blessing to be a part of! The Lord surely does bless our obedience to whatever he calls us to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is a wonderful story. We all need to be sharing the good news.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit Christian Ladies Network and for commenting. We do reserve the right to remove any comment that is negative towards the Bible and the Christian faith.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...