Country Store Soft Ginger Cookies



This is a recipe I got from my sister a few years ago and it is requested each year during my Christmas baking. It makes so many, so we buy the little decorative cellophane bags to put them in and give as gifts. I don't recall the cookbook she got it from, so if anyone knows the origin of the recipe, I'll be glad to give credit.

Country Store Soft Ginger Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. unsalted butter
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup unsulphured molasses (I use Grandma's Molasses)
  • 3 large eggs
  • 8 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp ginger
  • 1 Tbsp ground cloves
  • 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
  • Sugar (to roll cookies in)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a very large bowl, cream butter. Beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. 

Sift dry ingredients together. Stir into butter mixture and mix well.  Spray palms of hands with a little vegetable oil and roll into 1 1/2-inch balls, then roll balls in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes.

Yield: 6 dozen (more if you roll smaller sized balls)

3 comments:

  1. SINCE MY HUSBAND LOVES GINGER BREAD- I JUST KNOW HE WILL LOVE THESE COOKIES. I AM GOING TO TRY THEM ESPECIALLY FOR HIM. THANKS FOR THE RECIPE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aliene,
    You're welcome! They are our favorite cookie during Christmas. :) I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love gingerbread! I cannot wait to try this out. Thanks for sharing!
    God's Blessings! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit Christian Ladies Network and for commenting. We do reserve the right to remove any comment that is negative towards the Bible and the Christian faith.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...