Lessons Learned from Psalm 18:1-3

King David lived an exciting life. A normal every day teen, God chose to be the next king of Israel. While some of the excitement came because of having to run for his life and the wrong decisions he made, no matter what he faced, God didn't leave him to face the problems alone.

The day God delivered David from the hand of his enemies (2 Samuel 22), David wrote a beautiful song, praising God.

Lessons Learned from Psalm 18:1-3  : christianladiesnetwork.com

Lessons Learned from Psalm 18:1-3


A portion of this song is found in Psalm 18:1-3.
I will love thee,  my strength, my rock, my deliverer are just a few of the words in this Psalm. 

First of all, He is our Rock and our Solid Foundation.

One of the first songs I was taught as a child was "The Wise Man and the Foolish Man."   We know what happened. The wise man built his house on a solid foundation and it stood firm during the rains. But the foolish man, he did just the opposite, he built his house on a soft foundation and it came tumbling down during the rains.

If our life is built on a firm foundation - Jesus, then we too can be like David and weather the storms without tumbling down.

With our life on the firm foundation means when we pray, God will send the blessing down to us. Just as in the little song.


So build your life on the Lord Jesus Christ, And the blessings will come down. 

The blessings come down as your prayers go up, So build your life on the Lord.


I am so glad Jesus is my Rock. When the storms of life come we can stand firm. One of my favorite songs is "How Firm a Foundation". It's a beautiful reminder of what we have in Jesus.

Fear not I am with thee, Oh be not dismayed, 
For I am thy God I will still give you aid. 
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and caused thee to stand,
Upheld by My gracious, Omnipotent Hand. 

When through the deep waters I call thee to go, 
The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow. 
For I will be with thee thy trials to bless, 
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress. 


Second, Jesus is my Fortress and Deliverer.  My God, in Whom I will trust.

We can hide behind Him and know that He will deliver.  We don't have to fear the storm.

We might think we have earthly friends that we can put our trust, but most of the time we find that they fail us. But not my God. He never fails. He will not desert us to the foe. He always has His eye on us in the midst of the storm.

I'm glad I know One who not only gave His life for us, but He rose up from the grave that we might have Eternal life.

Third, Jesus is my Buckler, the Horn of my salvation, and my High Tower.

Having Him to protect is all we need. Jesus should not be our last resort, He should be the first place we turn to in a time of need.


I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised. Psalm 18:3 


He is worthy of all our praise! Take time today and praise Him for Who He is, for What He is and for what He has done. He deserves our praises!

~Aliene

1 comment:

  1. Amen!
    My God, My Strength! I recently posted a song based on these lyrics.
    Thanks for such an encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit Christian Ladies Network and for commenting. We do reserve the right to remove any comment that is negative towards the Bible and the Christian faith.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...