Always Be a Child


When I think on the song "Always be a Child", I am reminded of my father and how I saw him as my hero, my friend, and my protector. I looked up to him. I realize that not everyone can say the same about their father. Some have been abused mentally and physically by their father and I cannot for one minute comprehend what life must be like for them. What they must have felt knowing that the abuse they suffered was at the hand of someone who should have been there for them protecting them and taking cared of them. The joy they should have known taken from them so that all they knew were tears, heartache, and cruelty. I can’t comprehend it at all.

 

Always be a Child

I am reminded of the parable Jesus told in Luke 15:11-32 and I see here in this parable, the father heart of God. I see a father loving his child no matter what. This son had become dissatisfied with his life and had decided he would leave the family home. He thought he could do better on his own and asked his father for his inheritance. His father gave him his portion. He spent every last penny and ended up with nothing, having to work feeding the pigs and he would have eaten what they ate, he was hungry.

The son finally came to his senses, realized that even the servants in his father’s house were better off than he was and so he returned home. You can read how his father ran to him when he saw him. Perhaps he had been out each day looking to see if his son had returned and this particular day here he was coming toward him. What joy as the father ran to him and embraced him. It didn’t matter where his child had been or what he had done. He was glad his son was home. He brought out the best robe for him and put rings on his fingers and shoes on his feet and organized a feast because his son had returned to him.

I know this parable usually speaks of how the prodigal son returns after being away from his father and speaks of reconciliation. But this parable shows me too the father heart of God. A father sending his only begotten Son into this world, so filled with darkness and cruelty. The path to the father’s house would need to be found. The way to it would be made clear and light would flood the way.

My heart goes out to those whose earthly fathers do not treat them right but I do know we have a heavenly father who will always treat us right. He will not let one of them fall from his hand of protection, care, and love. He loves us with an everlasting love and we are ever before his face because of what Jesus Christ did for us at Calvary. (Isaiah 49:16) Our heavenly Father loves us and knows us. We can cry out to him knowing he hears, knowing he cares and will do nothing to harm us. He can know he loves us and knowing we will always be a child.


We have been adopted, chosen and my prayers I that we will every run to him in times of trouble, struggle, turmoil, fear, doubts, and heartache – he waits with open arms. (Ephesians 1:4)

~ Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit Christian Ladies Network and for commenting. We do reserve the right to remove any comment that is negative towards the Bible and the Christian faith.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...