Encouragement for Reading Your Bible

Read Your Bible l christianladiesnetwork.com

Encouragement for ReadingYour Bible

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." ( 2 Timothy 2:15)


My most treasured possession is my Bible. I read it through every year. I started this as a young person. A lot I did not understand but I kept reading because I knew I was suppose to. Each time I read it I learn something brand new that I have never seen before. Even to this very day it is a book of surprises. I love for the Lord to show me something brand new. I just keep looking for surprises in His Word.


Jesus Christ is the heart of the Bible
  • He is the Shiloh in Genesis
  • The I AM in Exodus
  • the Star and Sceptre in Numbers
  • the Rock in Deuteronomy
  • the Captain of The Lord's Host in Joshua
  • and the Redeemer in Job
  • He is David's Lord and Shepherd in the Psalm
  • in the Song of Songs He is the Beloved
  • in Isaiah He is the Wonderful, the Counsellor, The Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, and the Prince of Peace.
  • in Jeremiah He is the Lord our Righteousness
  • in Daniel He is The Messiah
  • in Zechariah He is the Branch
  • in Haggai He is The Desire of all Nations'
  • in Malachi He is the Messenger of the Covenant
  • and The Son of Righteousness
  • in the Book of Revelation He is the Alpha and the Omega and also The Morning Star.

This poem sums up some people's Bible reading. I am really surprised to find older Christians that have never read their Bible through. What a shame that they have missed out on so much.


I supposed I knew my Bible
Reading piecemeal, hit and miss,
Now a bit of John or Matthew,
Now a snatch of Genesis,
Certain chapters of Isaiah
Certain Psalms (the twenty-third!);
Twelfth of Romans, First of Proverbs—
Yes, I thought I knew the Word!
But I found that thorough reading
Was a different thing to do,
And the way was unfamiliar
When I read the Bible through.


You who like to play at Bible,
Dip and dabble, here and there,
Just before you kneel, aweary,
And yawn thro’ a hurried prayer;
You who treat the Crown of Writings
As you treat no other book—
Just a paragraph disjointed,
Just a crude, impatient look—
Try a worthier procedure,
Try a broad and steady view;
You will kneel in very rapture
When you read the Bible through!

- Amos Wells


I mark my Bible. It sometimes helps me to remember truths that I had already heard or read.


I do try to commit something to memory. I have to keep up with the things I give my 3rd grade Sunday School girls to learn. The scriptures I committed to memory in my youth are still there. It is a little harder now, but when I have to do it I can.


There are riches hidden in God's Word. Read it through and see how rich you can become.


"All scripture is given by inspiration of god, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Aliene

meditationsandmemories.blogspot.com





2 comments:

  1. Our church is reading the Bible through this year with each other.......meaning we all have the same schedule. It has been a great blessing already. Happy 400th Birthday to the KJV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve and I are reading the Bible through this year. We like to stay together, so we can discuss it when we find a 'new' treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit Christian Ladies Network and for commenting. We do reserve the right to remove any comment that is negative towards the Bible and the Christian faith.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...